After some amazing, highly efficient work by a group of wonderful ladies last Thursday, we were able to get the summer issue of C.L.A.P. out June 24th!
In addition to some of our great reoccurring features, we had articles contributed by women who helped with the preview issue as well as a new group of lovely ladies! Just check out all the amazing pieces we have in this edition of C.L.A.P.:
- A MN women's rights report by Carly Coughlin
- A tutorial on making solar jars by self-professed solar jar-obsessed Erin Duffey
- Sheila Frankfurt in Dear Sheila tackles how to deal with depression onset by watching the news
- Molly Harrington's song about destroying the patriarchy
- S.O. Nelson's Business Women Magic column suggests mentorship for aspiring business women
- A Love Letter or Loretta Lynn by Nikki Miller
- Alison Stolpa takes a road trip to House on the Rock
- One woman musical acts STACIAN and Littlefoot interview each other
- Seemingly difficult food tricks made easy by Lisa Nguyen
- Deborah Carver explores the parallels between her mother and Patti Smith
- Jen Hughes uses Fleetwood Mac for inspiration in her hair do and mix tape columns
- Info on the world of clipping coupons by Ryn Gibson
- Thrifting Tips from Operation Sparkle (me)
- Eriika Etshokin's essay on males' reaction to sexual assault against women
- A veggie spring roll recipe by Sarah Slathar
- Katherine Peterson discusses what it means to be creative in today's world
- Lisa Luck's second installment of her Lilithfairfan696969 comic (this time influenced by VH1's "Single Ladies" show)
- All the other C.L.A.P. extras: letter from the editor, a creative exercise, news, calendar and more!
Be sure to pick yours up at Yeti Records or Everyday People Clothing Exchange (currently at the Uptown location, with copies available at the St. Paul location tomorrow)! Stay tuned for more peeks at the new issue as well as C.L.A.P. news!