Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Steps I Took for a Mostly Quaint New Year's Afternoon, Funded by Thoughtful Familial Presents

I love my family. I appreciate their gifts. This is an homage of gratitude.

1) Light the 'wood' scented candle. The comfily crisp, earthy smell isn't cheesy; it reminds me of cuddling Dad's Lay-Z-Boy and looking out the window towards Mom's ASS - Angie's Serenity Spot, a white swinging bench surrounded by plants, complete with tiny fire pit.

2) Drink Teavana's Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom Tea sweetened with Wilelaiki honey miel. (Whatever that means, but it tastes good and quiets my I-bet-its-at-least-pneumonia-or-consumption-cough.)

3) Since the tea isn't enough to warm the ever present chill from this plague, put on the Deena and Ozzy artfully woven pashmina and vintage ultramarine-blue cable knit with white terrier pattern.

4) Put off writing in the new Moleskine to write this blog post. Although the front cover quote begs my hand to crack a page for an existential free-write:

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#ImNotHipWithoutFamily
#SickOfBeingSick


 

No comments:

Post a Comment